View fleet list
- Log in to your Chargefox account
- You should see the Chargefox dashboard
Click on the Fleet menu item at the top of the screen
- A drop-down menu should appear
- Select Fleets in this drop-down menu
- You should be navigated to the Fleets page where your fleets are listed
View vehicles in a fleet
- From the Fleets page, select the Manage fleet text in the right column of the fleet you want to view
- You will be navigated to that Fleet vehicles page
- Note: If you have no vehicles the list will be empty
Add a vehicle to a fleet
- From the Fleet vehicle page, click on the Add Fleet Vehicle button
- You will be navigated to a new Add Fleet Vehicle page
- Enter the following information to create a new vehicle record
- Model (required)
- Year (required)
- Active from date (required)
- VIN (required)
- Registration number
- Contract number
- RFID card
- Click on Save button to save the new vehicle to your fleet. Or hit Cancel to return to your vehicle list without saving.
Search for a vehicle in a fleet
From the top right of the Fleet vehicle page, you can search for a vehicle by entering one of the following details
- Contract number
- Registration number
- RFID number
- After entering your search term, hit enter or click the Search button. Your search results will appear in the table below.
Retire a vehicle in a fleet
- From the Fleet vehicle page, click the three-dot menu next to the vehicle you wish to retire.
- From the dropdown, select Retire vehicle
- A Retire fleet vehicle? modal will appear. Check that the vehicle details displayed reflect the vehicle you wish to retire.
- Click the Retire vehicle button to retire the vehicle. Or hit Keep vehicle to cancel the action and return to your vehicle list.
Editing a vehicle in a fleet
- From the Fleet vehicle page, click the three-dot menu next to the vehicle you wish to edit.
- You will be navigated to a new Edit Fleet Vehicle page
- Change any values you wish to edit. Note: you cannot modify the Active from date.
- Click on the Save button to save the changes to your vehicle. Or press Cancel to return to your vehicle list without saving changes.
Add an RFID card to a vehicle
- From the Fleet vehicle page, click the three-dot menu next to the vehicle you want to add an RFID card to
- A modal will appear. Check that the vehicle details reflect the vehicle you wish to add a new RFID to.
- Enter your 6-digit RFID number into the field.
- Click the Add RFID button to save the RFID for the vehicle. The card is now activated and ready for use.
Cancel a vehicle’s RFID card
- From Fleet vehicle page, find the RFID you wish to cancel and click on the Cancel RFID link next to the RFID card number that you wish to cancel
- A Cancel RFID card? modal will appear
- Check the RFID card number displayed is the one you wish to cancel
Click on Cancel card button to proceed. Or to cancel, click the Keep card button and return to the fleet vehicle page.
Ordering RFID cards
We suggest you keep a reserve of RFID cards as it can take up to a month after ordering to receive your RFID cards.
Here’s how to order more RFID cards:
- Email email@example.com
- Make the subject of the email ‘Request for fleet RFID cards’
Include the following information in the body of your email:
- Your name, role, organization and contact information
- The number of RFID cards you need
- Where the RFID cards should be sent
- An email address for us to keep updated about the progress of your order
- We’ll be in touch within three working days, and should have your RFID cards in the post within 5 working days. Please allow up to 5 working days for delivery.
What to do if you accidentally cancel the wrong RFID card
Unfortunately RFID cards cannot be re-enabled as we can’t allow them to be used on different vehicles.
If you do accidentally cancel an RFID card for a vehicle that is currently in use and your driver is unable to charge their vehicle, we suggest you do the following:
- Advise the driver they can call our contact centre on 1300 518 038. Call centre team members are able to initiate a charging session for a driver that’s experiencing challenges.
- Alternatively they can set up an account on the Chargefox app and use this to charge their vehicle, but they may need a credit card entered to pay for charge sessions.
Once you've got them rolling again, you should add a new RFID card to the vehicle and find a way to get the card to the vehicle driver as soon as possible.
What to do if you are unable to add a new vehicle because it already exists
If you are having trouble setting up a vehicle because the system is reporting that its VIN already exists, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch to assist.
What to do if you accidentally retire the wrong vehicle
If you have accidentally retired the wrong vehicle, email email@example.com and we’ll be in touch to assist.
Feedback on the Chargefox Fleet Management product can be provided to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
For customer support, please email email@example.com